News & Events
May 24th, 2021
We want to thank all of our members who have stayed with us through COVID and have respected the guidance and limitations over the past year. As the remaining COVID-19 restrictions are lifted in Massachusetts, we will be making changes as well.
Per Massachusetts guidelines masks are still required until May, 29th.
- After May 29th, it is not mandatory to wear a mask inside our facility, but we encourage you to do so.
- If you are unvaccinated or waiting to finish your vaccination, we recommend that you continue to wear a mask inside our facilities.
- We recommend and encourage you to continue practicing social distancing.
- Please remain respectful of others' choices to wear or not wear mask after May 28th. Those who do not respect the choice of others or are disrespectful to others will be asked to leave.
The Y will continue with the following sanitation measures to ensure the safety of our members and staff.
- UV air purification units have been installed in all of our air conditioners.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Plexiglass barriers between some exercise equipment.
- Frequent sanitizing of high touch areas.
With the state COVID restrictions being lifted on May 29th, the following changes can be expected.
- May 24th
- Reservation will only be required for the pools.
- June 1st
- Sauna/Steam rooms will reopen.
- Lap swimming will increase to 2 swimmers per lane.
- June 7th
- Whirlpool will reopen with a 4-person capacity.
- Basketball court schedule will be available
Frequently Asked Questions
JOIN THE Y!
The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to belong, grow and thrive. With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in your community, too. You don’t just join the Y—you belong here.
We believe in offering programs as diverse as the people we serve. Which means an unparalleled selection of classes and activities—everything from fitness classes to summer camp—is out there, just waiting for you and your family to explore. Visit our program tab to see all we have to offer for Adults, Families, Seniors and Youth!
The Y is a positive force in this community. Together, we take on the challenges that shape Malden, Medford, and Everett’s futures. From tackling the achievement gap to teaching healthy habits for a lifetime, or ensuring all of our neighbors have the fresh food they need - everything the Y does is in service of building a better us. Every day, our community faces new challenges that create a greater need for the work we do. YMCA donors, volunteers, members, and partners like you make the difference. Your gift can help our community and everyone in it shine.
Each year the lives of more than 23,000 people are changed for the better by Mystic Valley YMCA programs and services. It would not be possible for the Y to fulfill its mission without the generosity of our many corporate and individual donors and volunteers. Your support ensures that the YMCA will never have to turn someone away due to an inability to pay, and that we can continue our community outreach to vulnerable youth, families and seniors.