Malden YMCA Market
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Monday||11:00 AM-2:00 PM|
|Tuesday||11:00 AM-2:00 PM|
|Thursday||11:00 AM-2:00 PM|
MORE THAN A FOOD PANTRY
The Malden YMCA Food Market provides free food for individuals and families that need it. One registration per household, please. You can pre-register online at the link at the top of this page and pick up your keytag at your first visit. Please let the person scanning cards know that you pre-registered online. Or, you can walk-up and register during your first visit. Registration only takes a few minutes at the most.
- Free bags of protein, produce and dry goods
- Pick-up once a week
- No ID or proof of residence required
- Pre-register or walk-in
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN REUSABLE BAGS AND A CART IF YOU NEED ONE
- 1 card per appointment
- Market usage remains the same
- 1 card per household
- 1 household visit per week, Monday-Saturday
*Understanding that many live in shared housing units, our market defines those who you share food with is considered a household
- Please arrive at the start of your appointment window, each window is 15 minutes in length
- If you miss your appointment time, the market will work to get you in but time is not guaranteed outside of appointment window
- We ask you move through the market space in a timely fashion to allow all shoppers to go through during their appointment time
- Please bring a reusable bag or cart. Boxes may be available but not guaranteed.
- Appointment registration closes at 6pm the night prior
- To schedule your appointment:
- Select Schedule an appointment
- Select your preferred market
- If previously registered, selectYou can only come during your scheduled time. - Click to view availability
- If new, click register here
- Complete information
- Select YES to schedule an appointment
- Assistance is available for appointment registration every Wednesday from 11:00am – 2:00pm and Friday from 11:00am – 2:00pm
Frequently Asked Questions
JOIN THE Y!
The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to belong, grow and thrive. With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in your community, too. You don’t just join the Y—you belong here.
We believe in offering programs as diverse as the people we serve. Which means an unparalleled selection of classes and activities—everything from fitness classes to summer camp—is out there, just waiting for you and your family to explore. Visit our program tab to see all we have to offer for Adults, Families, Seniors and Youth!
The Y is a positive force in this community. Together, we take on the challenges that shape Malden, Medford, and Everett’s futures. From tackling the achievement gap to teaching healthy habits for a lifetime, or ensuring all of our neighbors have the fresh food they need - everything the Y does is in service of building a better us. Every day, our community faces new challenges that create a greater need for the work we do. YMCA donors, volunteers, members, and partners like you make the difference. Your gift can help our community and everyone in it shine.
Each year the lives of more than 23,000 people are changed for the better by Mystic Valley YMCA programs and services. It would not be possible for the Y to fulfill its mission without the generosity of our many corporate and individual donors and volunteers. Your support ensures that the YMCA will never have to turn someone away due to an inability to pay, and that we can continue our community outreach to vulnerable youth, families and seniors.