Swimming is an important life skill, as well as great exercise and a challenging sport. Sessions are offered periodically throughout the year. Please contact the Front Desk to inquire of upcoming sessions.
If you have enrolled your child, we thank you. Below you will find important information to make your child’s swim experience enjoyable.
- Arrive to class 5 minutes prior to the start time
- Children under 9 years of age should be toileted before class. If a child under 9 years of age needs to use the bathroom during class the parent will need to retrieve their child, toilet them and return them to their class.
- Remove street shoes when accompanying your child on the pool deck for drop off and pick up
- Children under the age of 9 need an adult, 18 years of age or older, during drop off, pick up, and MUST remain in the viewing area in the lobby during class
-During Peek Week, parents may observe their child’s swim class on the pool deck. Peek week is the week prior to registration for our next session.
- Pictures, videotaping, or cell phones are only allowed during Peek Week
- Diapers are not permitted in the pool. Children who are not potty trained are required to wear a waterproof diaper or rubber pants.
- Due to the ratio of instructor to swimmers, make up classes are not feasible or allowed.
Frequently Asked Questions
JOIN THE Y!
The Y is a cause for strengthening community. That’s why we’re here working with you every day, making sure that you, your family and community have the resources and support you need to belong, grow and thrive. With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in your community, too. You don’t just join the Y—you belong here.
We believe in offering programs as diverse as the people we serve. Which means an unparalleled selection of classes and activities—everything from fitness classes to summer camp—is out there, just waiting for you and your family to explore. Visit our program tab to see all we have to offer for Adults, Families, Seniors and Youth!
The Y is a positive force in this community. Together, we take on the challenges that shape Malden, Medford, and Everett’s futures. From tackling the achievement gap to teaching healthy habits for a lifetime, or ensuring all of our neighbors have the fresh food they need - everything the Y does is in service of building a better us. Every day, our community faces new challenges that create a greater need for the work we do. YMCA donors, volunteers, members, and partners like you make the difference. Your gift can help our community and everyone in it shine.
Each year the lives of more than 23,000 people are changed for the better by Mystic Valley YMCA programs and services. It would not be possible for the Y to fulfill its mission without the generosity of our many corporate and individual donors and volunteers. Your support ensures that the YMCA will never have to turn someone away due to an inability to pay, and that we can continue our community outreach to vulnerable youth, families and seniors.